Monday, July 11, 2011




It has been a while since I read anything of note. I keep starting things and stopping. And I am still reading Anna Karenina which is wonderful but I read it in pieces. Demonglass is a YA read. I try to keep up with some things for that age. It was okay. Last Night at the Lobster was interesting. O'Nan is a very good writer. This is a story that takes place over the span of one night. The manager of a Red Lobster on the last night before it closes is trying to get through the last shift with a snowstorm, an ex, and a staff that is mostly going to be unemployed the next day. I feel indifferent about it. Boneshaker was a lot of fun. Sort of a steampunk zombie story. Seattle has been overtaken by a yellow fog that turns people into zombies. The survivors of the initial fog have walled off the city to keep everything in. A young mother goes in after her son and adventure ensues. Highly entertaining but not life changing. I really need to buckle down and read something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment